Bernice's Blog...

www.BerniceCheung.com

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Non-existent on the World Wide Web

I did a search for "Bernice Cheung" on google, only to find that www.Bernice.ca (my resume website) is actually not on there! As such, my domain is almost non-existent on the world wide web.

I'll be reading up a little on website optimization, but in the mean time, I have to clarify the correct vs. incorrect entries under my name in order to control my good name! =)

I'm not a beauty queen / TV celebrity from Hong Kong, nor am I an English Director. I'm a marketer and if you want to know more about me, you'd have to see my website Http://www.Bernice.ca/

Correct entries with my link is as follows:

Linked In Public Profile - Linked In is a very useful tool for networking (I'm part of LION, an open networking group where members help each other).

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/0/a71/6a1 Bernice Cheung - Versatile marketer with a strong drive to excel and loves a challenge

NAAAP (North American Association of Asian Professionals) Toronto Board of Directors - I've been the marketing director of NAAAP Toronto for almost two years now and I've been loving it! It's a great professional network with professional development as well as a social aspect. Great organization with monthly events - ranging from charity (Little Asia), cultural (Reel Film Festivals), diversity-oriented (Diversity Symposium), fun (Bowling), networking (Power NAAAPing - similar to speed dating, but for business networking purposes) and professional development (presentation skills). I enjoy leading the team of volunteers to design events, market it to our members, as well as initiate special projects. One particularly great benefit is that I got an opportunity to meet some like-minded individuals who wants to give back to the community.

NAAAP Toronto Marketing Committee - Yes, I'm also recruiting for volunteers to join my team.
http://www.naaaptoronto.org/pages/_cmt/marketing.jsp

NAAAP Toronto Little Asia Program Guide - Yes, I'm also the marketing / PR coordinator for Little Asia (both 2006 & 2007)
http://www.naaaptoronto.org/doc/littleAsiaWebsite_lowRes.pdf

McMaster Photo Contest
http://www.mcmaster.ca/ua/alumni/connect/photo_contest.htm
Though this is no longer current, I was the photo editor of Marmor (student yearbook at McMaster), and yes, I was in charge of the photo contest. I wonder what's going on with this initiative now that I'm gone?

Oriented
http://www.oriented.com/people/people_index.aspx?Employer=American+Express
A link that I didn't even know existed! I joined one Oriented event and is somehow on this list. Strange...

There might be more, but so far this is all I've found.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home